Monday, December 1, 2014

Tattoo Yacht Factory Tour & Deposit 10/04/13


I had always wanted a cruising sailboat since I was a teenager to have adventures and relax.  A wife and three boys later... my wife said if you never buy one you will never have the experiences.  Also, I should have the sailing fun with the boys now when they are young and will enjoy it.  I thought she had a good point so I called Tattoo Yachts, which had just moved to Stuart, Fl only about two hours from our house.  

I had been looking at older MacGregor and Hunters for years and never found one that was in good enough shape for what I thought was good value.  They all seemed to require a lot of time and money to get into shape.  The thought of a new boat that is ready to go and just needs simple maintenance to keep it in shape was very appealing.

I set an appointment to tour the factory and look at a boat before I put down a deposit.  Laura MacGregor Sharp showed us around the factory and in one of the boats getting ready for shipment.  The boat hull is very rigid due to the hull construction and design, which is what I was looking for.  We put down a deposit, got on the waiting list, and was assigned a delivery date.




A Tattoo 26 being finished.

Laura Sharp Showed us the interior

Back of the 26 being finished.  I can't remember which hull #.

No comments:

Post a Comment