Monday, December 1, 2014

Picked Up S/V Sagacity from Tattoo Yacht Factory 02/21/14

After what seemed to be forever we drove down to Stewart, Fl and picked up the boat.  Laura and Paul Sharp took us out on our maiden shakedown voyage at a local bay.  I had a lot of dinghy and NACRA catamaran sailboat experience, but it was great having Laura run me through everything once.  

We ordered the 26 with almost every option; 
     CDI Furler - I had never had a furler before and it is super nice.
     150% Genoa - This is perfect for light wind.
     Spinnaker - I have not used it yet, but plan on it.
     Cockpit seat cushions - These are very comfortable and great to have.
     Stern Ladder - Do not know how you would use the boat without it.
     Self-contianed head - I am glad we did not go with the built-in, since this is easy to clean.
     12v cooler - This is the only thing I would not repeat.  The cooler kills the batteries in a few hours.
     All the covers & bimini - These are great and would not go without.
     Mast raising system - I do not know how you would use the boat without it.  It makes setting up
             the boat a one person job.
     Outboard linkage - I do not know how you would use the 60 hp outboard without it. 
     Shower in cockpit - This is great with kids.
     Compass with light - It is perfect for coastal cruising.
     Delux trailer upgrade - The trailer breaks make the boat towing very smooth.
     Two 12 Gal. tanks - For our coastal trip it made me feel better to have 24 gal. of gas, just incase.
     60hp ETEC - The motor is plenty big enough for getting the boat up on a plane and goes as fast as I want to go.  Most of the time we use it to go 6 knots at 2,000 RPM.  Their has not been any maintenance yet, but there was problems with the fuel line and cap that I will get into in a later post.


We picked up hull #51 from the factory.




The boat was "Christened" with a tap of a bottle of water.



Coming in from the maiden voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment